TERMS & CONDITIONS
Camera Electronic and Olympus #OlympusRides Promotion
Conditions of Entry
Promoter Camera Electronic (ABN 11 008 747 831) trading as "Camera Electronic", 230 Stirling Street, Perth,WA 6000, Australia.
Entry Restrictions Open only to Australian residents who are:
- aged 18 or over; and
- who purchase an Olympus camera product from the promoter during the Competition Period.
Competition Period 9am (AEST) on 1/7/2017 to 5pm 31/7/2017.
Entry Method During the Competition period, entrants must:
(a) purchase an Olympus camera from the promoter
(b) fully complete and submit the entry form including answering in following question in 25 words or less: "Tell us in 25 words or less where you will ride to with your new Olympus camera."
Winner Determination The best valid entries as determined by the judges, will each win a prize. The Promoter will determine at various stages throughout the Promotion which entries will be eligible to receive a prize (at its discreation).
Prize Details There up to 1 prizes to be won depending on the quality of the entried received (as determined by the Promoter).
Each prize is a cycling prize pack from Jet Cycles consisting of a 2017 Specialized Tarmac Sports bike, Echelon helmet and water bottle valued at $2,000.
Prize Pool The total prize pool is valued at up to $2,000 (inc GST).
Entry Limits Entrants may only enter once.
Winner Notification The winners will be notified by phone.
Prize Claim Date and Time Prize winners must claim their prize within 1 month of being notified.
1. Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
2. The competition will be conducted during the Competition Period.
3. Entries must be received during the Competition Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time they are received by the Promoter’s database and not at the time of submission by the entrant. The Promoter has no control over communications networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Entrants who enter using multiple email addresses or aliases may be disqualified. Consumers are responsible for their own costs associated with accessing the Internet. Automatically generated entries may be disqualified.
4. The Promoter is not liable for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or illegible entries, correspondence or claims for prizes due to error, omission, tampering, theft, destruction or otherwise.
5. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each valid entry will be individually judged (by representatives of the Promoter) based on, among other things, literary and creative merit.
6. Each “25 words or less” statement must be the entrant’s original work. By entering this competition entrants: (a) consent to the Promoter making copies of or publishing the whole or any part of their entry (including the “25 words or less” statement) and otherwise exploiting the entry and any rights in relation to the entry, to publicise this competition or for any other purposes; and (b) undertake to the Promoter that their entry is not, and its use by the Promoter will not be, in breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
7. The prizes are as stated in the Prize Details.
The Promoter is not liable if a winner does not receive their prize of their choice.
8. The winners will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification section of these conditions.
9. The winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their names and images in promotional material.
10. The Promoter may require winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
11. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and the prize may be awarded to the entrant who submitted the next best valid entry that has not already received a prize (at the Promoter’s discretion).
12. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person (including without limitation a winner) who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent or effect of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. If a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter. In the event that the Promoter deems in its absolute discretion that any or all entries are not in accordance with the Promoter’s brand guidelines or are otherwise deemed to be unsuitable, the Promoter reserves the right to not award any or all prizes allocated for this promotion.
15. If a prize has not been accepted or claimed in accordance with the Prize Claim Date and Time or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter cannot contact the winner (or the winner does not contact the Promoter) by the Prize Claim Date and Time, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter may distribute the relevant prize to the entrant who submitted the next best valid entry that has not already received a prize.
16. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
17. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage, loss or delay in transit to prizes.
18. The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability.
19. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.